View Single Post
Jonr (Offline)
  #26 12/17/14 7:35 AM
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1:
Per IBRacin.com, TSR is shutting down the non-wing program in its entirety. I know there are going to be some who'll say "it's just one team" but a loss is still a loss. Say what you will, but the fact is that Tony owning the team got non-wing racing mentioned in media outlets that ordinarily would never do so. Sure, USAC sprint and Silver Crown. Racing will survive this, but it is another setback.
Reading the IBracn site does make it sound like the entire USAC program is being shut down. One of the big debates/mysteries was how much money does Tony and Kasey get for their personal service contracts with the sponsors. Did Chevy ever actually have a line item on a budget that said "USAC sponsorship" or did they have a personal service contract with Tony and he funneled that money to the USAC team?

While it has been mentioned above by others, the way I read it is that the silver crown operation is done as well.

I think that this is just part of the 800 pound gorrilla that is surrounding Tony Stewart right now. If you/your business manager was worried about a civil suit by the Ward family, or at least defending a Civil suit by the Ward family, you would want to be as careful with your money as possible.

Finally, on the Winged side, for many years Steve ran his own program out of his own shop and was independent of the TSR main shop. However, it has been reported that this year that since he is not running the full WOO tour that the car will be ran out of the main TSR shop.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, henson5099