View Single Post
11/18/14, 7:31 PM   #3
Re: 2015 Schedules and Payouts
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I do know if your going to run those winged series. You better have two more 50g motors in your stable than the two or three needed in USAC.
Not to mention you need to plan on replacing/lifeing out u-joints, ring and pinions, axles, driveshafts and other items 3 times as often.

The new NSL should really be turning some heads, but as good as it looks I don't see how anybody can be financially better off running anything winged versus nonwing. The NSL won't have near the travel USAC does, but wear and tear on the drivetrain will more than make up for the diesel fuel savings. I would imagine a big chunk of their shows will pay better than that minimum purse they posted, and their point fund is absolutely staggering... very similar to the WOO point fund other than the difference in championship payout.

I don't see the NSL or the Renegades putting a damper on non wing participation and quality of racing at all.

I do see the NSL taking some teams and shows away from the ASCS and other winged 360 groups. Winged 360 racing got to be almost every bit as expensive as winged 410 racing, and now that there is a regional 410 series with great payout per night and at year end right in the heart of 360 country I predict some big changes on the winged racing horizon in 2015.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtball, Justigit, oldfan49