View Single Post
10/25/14, 9:35 AM   #20
Re: 305 Racesaver News Coming SOON!
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
When Raceceivers came out, you could put down a deposit and return it at the end of the night to get paid and get your deposit back. Then they became so popular that everyone had them and you can't rent them anymore, yet tracks require them! They're $99 bucks a piece and you just have to buy it. It's part of the cost of racing. Unfortunately it's not a cheap sport. I do see the point, however, that the speedway put in the system, they should pay for it. How do other tracks do the transponder thing? Like Lawrenceburg or Montpelier? I know BOSS runs them. Can you rent one?
Raceceivers and transponders are 2 different animals, one you listen on, the other tracks you on the track, we have used them for close to 10 years, maybe more, and yes, they are expensive, and if it's yours, maybe you will take better care of it, and they each have their own signal, so if you lose it, and someone else finds it and uses it, it will show up on the printout, so someone is busted. Most tracks let you rent one, with your drivers license as security, or make payments on one if you are going to be a regular. JMHO Bob!