View Single Post
10/25/14, 1:26 AM   #17
Hotshoe65s

There is no reason to charge drivers for a transponder. If the track wants to use a transponder scoring system than I say great, it'll help speed the program along. But that is their choice, so they should foot the bill for it. Just hand the transponder to the driver after he draws each night, and require it to be returned when the driver goes to get his/her money at the end of the night. That's how Brownstown did it when I went this year and it worked just fine.
Also, I have to agree with Kenny. Doesn't seem right to make the mods run more laps than the 305's and then pay them less money. If you want the 305's to be a higher class than mods that's fine, but have them run 25 laps and the mods 20. But in all actuality you should reconsider the mod purse instead. Like Kenny said a competitive modified costs way more than a 305 will, and probably even more than half the 410s do. So why not try and improve their purse? Heck, I run a super stock so I'm not even arguing for myself. It just makes me sick thinking about how much these mod guys have in their cars and thinking about how much they get paid relative to other classes. The mod car count was down last year at Bloomington, barely getting a full field most nights. So why not try and improve their class before it gets worse?
Just my opinion, doesn't mean it's right, but it at least gives people something to think about. I wish Bloomington the best in 2015, and I hope I can make it some.

4 members like this post: cwfan08, nathans1012, smith19, the_77H