View Single Post
10/7/14, 2:57 PM   #24
Re: Traction Control
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
thanks cj. my opinion is I don't care if its Gilpin or dave darland it should absolutely be banned from short track racing, especially dirt. and dad I get your point on steering with your feet on dirt, and that only validates my point. it should be the driver only that regulates traction control once the car hits the track. I want to see the driver hook his car up not a mechanical or electronic device. after all, racing is about running your car to the edge, the edge of hooking it up and going to the front, or busting it loose and backing up. I want to see the driver do this, not a traction control device
The rules are "no traction control devices allowed" and i think they should be enforced also..however if people are running them i do not know of any , in sprints, and dont care one way or the other as we win our share of races without it.. what i am tired of is people accusing others of such infractions just because people are winning and they are not. i think these people who point fingers should be forced to prove that those they accuse are using it or pay fines or be banned also as they are more of a problem than those, if any , that do have tc. most people believe that certain individuals "cheat" just because they hear it from others ..
so if you think someone has tc go up to them and put up a thousand dollars and if you dont find any u lose your money and if you do , well then they would be banned from the race im sure..i certainly would not accuse anyone of having it unless i saw it with my own eyes..