View Single Post
10/6/14, 9:30 PM   #27
Re: Potential 2015 RACESAVER participants Poll
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKinser99 View Post
Anyone who disagrees with payout discussed please give your opinion on what payout should be . We need to have dialogue to see where everyone stands.
I think that using Eagle as your point of reference is a mistake. Eagle is an outlier. The promoter and the 360 guys could not get along. He brought in the Racesaver guys to replace the 360 guys. He is paying them more as a bridge between the two groups. Also, Racesaver Sprints are still the premiere class at Eagle.

Racesaver is not going to be the premiere class at Bloomington. Thus, they are not going to be paid like the premiere group. They are going to be paid like a support division. I would imagine that their purse is going to be the same or less than the modifieds.

As I posted in the original thread, when the series started back in the Dallas Fort Worth area 7-9 years ago, it paid well to start but not very good at all to win. It was not unheard of to pay $200 to start but only $300 to win. The idea was that everyone was going to make back the money they spent to get to the track, but no one was going to make money in the class. I have not been in DFW for several years, so I do no know if this is still the case.

I am sure that when the promoter decided to add this class they looked at it being a back gate/cost neutral class meaning that all of the purse was going to be paid for by the back gate. I really do not believe that they added this class thinking that it was going to do a lot to drive ticket sales at the front gate. If the front gate says the same, the money has to come from the back gate.

Finally, you need to look at the home page of the Racesaver web site. It is pretty clear what an ideal purse would be from the sanctioning body point of view.

Did you know that the average sprint car purse pays the winner 10 times the amount earned by the 24th place car? Races run under RACESAVER® plan pay the 24th starter at least 1/2 of the winner's purse. A typical purse would pay the winner between $150 to $300 and the 24th starter $100 to $150. No, that isn't a lot of money, but that is exactly the plan. Big money, brings big problems. You can be competitive for under $150 per night. Now you can race, pay the mortgage, and send the kids to school. RACESAVER® growth is very strong. We now have over 600 cars competing in RACESAVER® regions and tracks. The present and future of affordable racing is RACESAVER® . Join us and race better and more often, while spending far less money.

http://www.racesaver.com/

4 members like this post: DAD, Drew Tarr, fish, Sandy Lowe