View Single Post
10/6/14, 9:23 AM   #6
Josh Kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama View Post
Interesting results so far.
I would like to see names of those that plan to participate.
I have been surprised by the amount of chatter and interest this has stirred.
It will be interesting to see how many 305's are at the season opener in 2015.
I posted this in another thread; Id like to see people on here post on this thread if they plan on running the 305 class next season,so there can be a running list of drivers/owners who plan on fielding a car. I think if people will commit on here, it will help lure out some other potential drivers who may be unsure about putting a car together due to a low car count. I think the two biggest deciding factors for drivers/owners will be the Payout Structure, and the car count. Nobody will want to commit if there is not going to be enough cars to field a class, so I think an ongoing list would help with that.

Also, I like the payout structure Kerry posted, I think if its any less than that it really wouldnt make sense, when compared to cost of operating a car. If they are adding a class, they are obviously expecting an increase in overall purse. Coming from my half-assed driver perspective, I want to race for two reasons; competition (high car count), and a good purse. The second factor will cause the first.

Im not saying 305s are special and deserve more pay, I think purses should be increased across the board. Modifieds should make what the 410s currently make, and the 410 purse structure should be increased to something comparable to one of the weekly tracks in Ohio (Attica, Fremont)
Last edited by Josh Kinser; 10/6/14 at 9:44 AM.

2 members like this post: fish, Panama