View Single Post
10/2/14, 3:23 PM   #136
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
dshort36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
Since 10-21-14 and 18k hits on this thread has anyone noticed that no official announcement has come from the Bloomington Speedway management as to what the purse structure plan will be for this class and any other details, Maybe, we should wait to see what the facts are before prejudging, I strongly suspect that if the promoters want this to succeed, they will offer something that will encourage racers to participate.

I would like to see a sat. nite track come into play with this class, would help with the development & growth, I have owned several 305's and had FUN racing them, I just might build another one, I had $6,500 in the first one, $8k in the second, bought & sold several in the $5,500 to $6,500 range, You don't have to spend a fortune to have fun in these sprints, with over 1,000 of them around the country, there is a market.

Bill May
i dont think its about making this class any more of a success than any other class.. if they do anything its about making bloomington speedway more profitable , and understandable, as it is a business. however i believe they are barking at the wrong gate.. need to start more fan appreciation and attendance to hit the home run as what few cars and fans another small class will bring in wont do the job.. just my opinion

don short