View Single Post
9/23/14, 4:13 PM   #69
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
torqueball

I've tried to stay to stay out of this, but I just don't have the ability. I am a huge supporter of Bloomington Speedway and hope this class works out for all involved. With that being said, I just don't understand the pros of this new endeavor. Its no secret that all tracks are seeing lower car counts and spectator counts than in years past. Is this due to a shortage of non wing sprintcars in the Midwest? I would say no and would venture to say that there are more cars sitting on stands in a shop than racing on a typical Indiana Friday night. Will this new 305 idea draw these cars out of hiding? Only time will tell. My fear is that the same people that swear "if I could afford an engine I'd be out here" will still be spectating and not racing. I have mini-sprint people tell me this weekly, and my response is always the same. You can run a non-wing 410 in Indiana for the same money as your pumping into your mini-sprint. I feel the current non-wing setup is your most economical and easiest formula to police that is currently out there. For a new guy, he can buy a turn key operation for around 20 grand that is capable of racing and winning. I realize that 20 grand isn't pocket change, but you better have that in your 305 spec motor if you plan on winning races while dragging a wing around. When you start limiting horsepower, things get expensive. My final question, will the paying public come in droves to witness the sheer awesomeness of an underpowered lead sled lumber around the red clay? Only time will tell.

Danny