View Single Post
9/19/14, 8:54 AM   #18
Re: Mini sprint racing with midgets
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I'm surprised nobody has put a zx14 or busa motor in for the montpelier series. Pretty sure it would be easy to pull off. Lol
Hot

We have thought about the ZX14R as a replacement and even the Busa several years ago. The only problem with both motors is, they are bigger and heavier than the ZX10R. They do make a little more torque but are equal or slightly lower in Horsepower. We very seldom run in the torque zone trying to keep it on the pipe so to speak when racing so the bigger motors are not really the answer.

But never fear Kawasaki is going to turn something loose on the 30th of September that will probably set the Motorcycle Industry on it's ear as well as the 1000cc Midget racers.

The Bimmer-Phobes and Techno-Phobes will really have something to wring their hands over. Will they accept the advancement of technology and embrace it to improve the breed or relegate themselves to old schools engine designs of the past and fall into a spiral of more and more expensive refurbishing of older motors as others have done so before them, all In the guise of making it cheaper for the racer.

I guess the reason I liked Mini Sprints over Lightning Sprint is the old school Mini Sprint racers loved change and couldn't wait for the next new motor to come out, the wishy-washy Lightning Sprint racers are afraid of everything and want to fix everything with a not so well thought out rule.

People please don't be afraid of Technology but embrace it and use it to your advantage.

Honest Dad himself