View Single Post
9/18/14, 9:13 AM   #20
Re: "Gold Crown" Oct 2.3.4 Midgets & MOWA 410 Winged Sprints
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHill89 View Post
The MOWA series has saved sprint car racing in Illinois so I'm glad they get to be part of one of the biggest open wheel events of the year in Illinois. It's disappointing that the Gundaker's do everything they can to put on a great event for us and all they get for it on here is complaints. Hopefully they don't get fed up with it and and stop having the race. Luckily the 4 or 5 people on here that say they're not coming because the wing cars will be far outnumbered by all the people who do come because there are sprints along with the midgets.
MOWA does a great job and puts on great shows. In the last 2 years I have gone to 3 MOWA races and enjoyed them all. Heck, going to the MOWA race at Haubstadt last year convinced me to attend the WoO race there this year. (MOWA race was better by the way) I had avoided winged races for a number of years, but the MOWA shows were so good, it made me rethink my position. I still prefer them without wings, but I have come to appreciate winged racing again.