View Single Post
8/18/14, 2:18 PM   #15
Re: secondary bypass
jhobbs26

Update.....
raced again Saturday night. Had the barrel valve set to 18%, HS set to 72psi w/76 pill, 72 main jet, secondary set to 40psi.

ran 6 laps in hotlaps, came in motor temp was 170, tach showed 7700rpm and the motor felt like it was a dog.

Changed from a 6.18 gear to 6.54 gear, leaned the HS out to 70psi. Heat race time track was still tacky pretty much running WFO for 6 laps. Motor still felt like a dog, water temp showed 190* tach showed 7800. It did have a hesitation on the start.

This is where I'm lost. changing to a lower gear that much should have made some kind of difference in RPMs.

For the Feature, I blocked off the secondary and unhooked the tach. No change in how it ran. Water temp after 15 green flag laps was 180*

I'm thinking the barrel valve is a little lean causing the hesitation/vibration on the starts, but there has to be something else going on, with either the motor, injection, or ignition. Everyone watching says my motor sounds doggy compared to everyone else also.

Also, this was a used motor when I got it. I've got the specs and etc with it, but its pretty much like any used motor, you just have to trust the guy your buying it from.
Last edited by jhobbs26; 8/18/14 at 2:30 PM.