View Single Post
7/29/14, 1:37 AM   #169
Re: bill gardner up date
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Bill and I did a decal for Dwight Clock. He handled production and I handled distribution. Would like to do that again, only for Bill. If anyone can take care of production, I will distribute. Please PM if interested.

It feels a little early for such a discussion, so sorry for that.

RIP Bill. And, peace to your family and friends.
Sam, I don't think it is ever to early to think of doing a decal honoring Bill. Actually an earlier posters tribute to Bill made me think it would make a great decal. You know if you do get something together I will want some as we know so many other IOW members will.

Earlier today my thoughts on Bill's passing were put in another thread on IOW, then I started reading all of the post here and felt overcome with sadness for Bill's family and his IOW friends and racing family. I couldn't put my thoughts down on this thread at the time, many of my thoughts are the same as others. I never had the pleasure of meeting Bill yet felt like he was a friend. Thanked him every chance I got on here for him giving us this great website. Several have mentioned cancer sucks in there post and while sucks isn't a word I use, I have to agree with them. Twenty-two cases in my family over the years sure makes those words "cancer sucks" appropriate. Bill taught us all so much in how he faught his battle with cancer. Sadly Bill wasn't the only racer to be called home today, Bud Ward from the Central NY Dirt Racing Community was also needed for the bench racing happening up above. My thoughts, prayers and condolences are with the Gardner family and Ward family at this difficult time.

RIP Bill & Bud

Patti

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, Mud Packer