Thread: Gas City Update
View Single Post
7/26/14, 1:15 PM   #9
Tumey's 55

Yes, midgets were on the card, see the Gas City midget thread for results. It was a crash fest with a yellow or red about every two laps. I think only 8 cars finished.

I had not been to Gas City in a couple of years. Crowd was way down compared to what it used to be. Racing was good and it was a shame crowd was so low. Interesting that they introduced and interviewed a couple of drivers in front of the crowd and there was almost no response, very little acknowledgement of the drivers. Several on IOW have addressed the need to get drivers in front of the crowd but did not seem to go over well in my opinion which was disappointing.

Im sure the track worker in turn 4 has a lot of experience but I hope he pays more attention in the future. While standing on the track during cautions he had his back to the cars just watching accident clean up on the other end of the track. Was nearly hit once by a midget. Not sure I have ever seen a track worker as unaware of his surroundings as he seemed to be. Not trying to criticize just would hate to see someone get hurt.

All in all an an enjoyable evening and I hope folks support them better in the future.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, Nate, Pat O'Connor Fan