View Single Post
7/15/14, 1:22 AM   #19
Re: Rain Out Procedures
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
What happened with the money part of the USAC show last night? I wasn't there and don't know, so I'm asking. There has been a bit of "activity" at tracks recently regarding refunds/payouts and I am just curious.

It seems the tracks are wanting to keep all of the racers' (traveling series) money and all of the fans' money anytime they can. I've seen where they didn't run features, so they weren't going to payout, but ran a couple heats, so they called it a complete show and weren't going to give refunds either. We were at a "track" where there were no races at all, and they tried to keep all of everyone's money. Only once the racers basically promised to burn the place down, did they decide to refund pit passes. Saturday night, they said they were going to make us sign something stating we knew we weren't going to get our money back if it rained (very strong chance of rain). The group of people standing there not signing in eventually got them to change their minds.

So what in the world is it with track people that think they have the right to keep the racers and fans monies, but not pay anyone. Is that practice everywhere? Why would we put up with that? Isn't that kind of like having your cake and eating it too? Maybe some tracks do need to be burned down.
Where you there ?