View Single Post
7/11/14, 3:14 PM   #40
Re: driver shirts at Gas City
IndySprintCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I doubt complaining on a message board will help anything, but it can do a lot of damage. When the Miles family steeped down at Bloomington, she said in Sprint Car and Midget that social media was a huge factor in stepping down.
It IS a huge pain to listen to customer complaints thrown from behind the anonymity provided by the online world. But, they are (theoretically, at least) YOUR customers, like it or not.

I've done business long enough to know that a) "customers" are the biggest necessary evil and pain in my butt I've ever ran across and b) without them I wouldn't have a business. So, promoters better just get used to the fact that fans are gonna be the providers of both positive and negative feedback about their tracks. These days, part of their job is to manage that just like they manage hot dog inventory and track prep. It is what it is.

Rudisell from Lawrenceburg has done it better than anyone here in Indiana for several years on this message board as far as I'm concerned.

The ones that don't like it can either a) take their marbles and go home (Miles), b) wither and fall apart (GC?), or c) adapt and adjust ('burg).
Last edited by IndySprintCar; 7/11/14 at 3:15 PM. Reason: Not enough t's in BUTT

3 members like this post: hoosier race fan, I Miss Manzy, Tom23