View Single Post
7/11/14, 1:06 PM   #9
Re: UMRA Thursday at greensburg
DAD

Bad

I didn't mention any names. Jim and AJ were probably the perfect combination. AJ also drove for me for many years. I expected him to race hard and clean and for the most part that is what he did. Racing needs competitors like this, like the guy said it makes for a much better race. They also have vintage races that allow you to get out on the track and drive around so that people can admire your beautiful race car. Tony races at about about 110% put that with someone racing at 75% and fur sometimes flies. The fans are out to watch a race with good competitive racers that can race one another wheel to wheel. That is what we need in the lower classes. Wish I could think of that little track down in Kentucky but I thought I was going to be in the middle of a riot that night. That brings people back to the race track. Tony raced with the MMSA last week at Columbus and put on one heck of a show also.

I think USAC called him "Mr. Excitement" If things weren't moving along fast enough he would do his darndest to get them moving. I understood that the powers that be last night would not give him back his starting spot in the Main so the decision was made to pull the plug.

I would guess that UMRA only has about 4 or 5 cars capable of winning the main. Can you imagine the race they could put on if they started these guys on the tail of the Main and let them race one another as they raced through the field for the lead.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/11/14 at 1:35 PM.