View Single Post
3/13/14, 12:33 PM   #4
Re: Winchester celebrates 100 years of Racing w/3 race sked
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by oljonesy View Post
what would you suggest he do? no more usac on pavement,which were always good shows. hoss or must see had lousy crowds and overpriced tickets for those high speed parades, which leaves what? i get tired of the camper situation and the drawn out shows sat nite at 400 wkend also,but to be at an event not just a race is worth it. suggestions folks?
My suggestion to him would be to sell the place. Obviously he hasn't been able to promote it to be successful. The website hasn't been updated since October. I'm not a social media person but from reports I have heard, nothing there as well. After he closed it the first time, the CRA team promoted it and got it back on its feet and off of life support. After that, back to the same old ways of before.

Granted USAC is out of the pavement sprint series but they still have pavement midgets. Winged sprints can be successful and there are other forms of racing that could provide good entertainment. I had hoped that the supermodifieds returning could be successful but a one and done deal doesn't help there.

The HOSS and Must See series have had over priced tickets for sure. When you don't promote to get butts in the seats, you have to charge more. Find a promoter who will do the job and get the place back on schedule.

The 400 weekend has outgrown that facility. The parking is a joke and he won't do anything about it. He stood on the front straightaway on Sunday two years ago crying telling all he would fix the parking issue. Absolutely nothing has changed. Allowing campers to mark off huge amounts of spaces weeks in advance and a helter skelter system of charging for parking will only drive more people away.

He apparently has more money than he needs and can allow the speedway to falter. His business plan hasn't worked yet so I certainly wouldn't hold out hope that the future will be any brighter.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: ASPHALT24, FishBurger, IndyBound, Pat O'Connor Fan