View Single Post
1/9/14, 12:52 AM   #21
Re: 8 tracks in Indiana join alliance.
kdobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Mr. Dobson, have you seen any results from your association in the form of sponsorships? I'd be interested to know how things are working out.
Yes, we've benefited... We were at the World Finals in Charlotte and drank free adult beverages and grub cooked up by Randy LaJoie on the grill while shooting the breeze with other promoters in a really nice tent in a prime location on the back stretch... all on Humpy's dime.

More seriously, the conference calls are pretty informative on getting different perspectives on how to better target your sponsorship efforts from people who do it at a much higher level than we do.

Other than the above benefits, we haven't seen any yet, nor was their proposed timetable for us to see any benefits yet. I think the first step is for them to assemble the group of tracks (which is probably about completed for this season)... then seek out the deals knowing what they have to offer. Meeting Trip, his wife who is also involved, and the rest of the team, I'm quite confident that they are highly motivated to make this work and have the contacts and experience to make it work.

Time will tell... but since it's free, suppose they did nothing more than bring our tracks in another $1,000 of sponsorship in a year... that's $1,000 we didn't have before at no expense or effort on our end. I know their goals are higher than that... but just saying that I don't see any downside for grass roots racing under any circumstances.

I can say it hasn't changed the approach or effort we have put into chasing sponsorships on our own and I don't have a line-item in our budget saying "Money Humpy is going to get us". Anything they bring in is gravy... and their rolodex is much bigger and well-heeled then ours.
Last edited by kdobson; 1/9/14 at 1:08 AM.