Thread: chassis setups
View Single Post
12/20/13, 10:52 AM   #4
Re: chassis setups
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana View Post
like I mentioned , there are many different techniques and theories out there. On way might work for one and not the other.
diana

There is no magic wand, wish there was. You start with a basic set up, usually supplied by your chassis builder. From there you work on tightening or loosening the car to match the driver. It is very possible to have 4 identical cars setting side by side with 4 different set up's that work equally well, because of driver preference.

Steve Smith has an excellent book out on set up for either for midgets or mini sprints.

The more you race the easier it gets. Goes back to one of my favorite sayings seat time seat time seat time. The same thing hold true for mechanics.

Race car set up and handling would require not just a book but volumes of books to cover everything. There are many ways to accomplish the same results and they all work just fine you just got to use what works for you.

Find your hot dog and ask them questions, most of them will be glad to help you along. But like I said ask 4 different people and you will probably get 4 different responses.

Setup is a piece of cake (DEVILS FOOD).

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: jjones752