View Single Post
11/14/13, 11:03 AM   #150
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
pjohnson

I have noticed you all keep acting like that everyone with a built engine is rich and gonna ruin the sport high dollar teams. That is not totaly true. my engine has been ruled out around here. o i can race but cant be scored BS thats a waste of a nights fun. My engine is old i dont have any idea when it was rebuilt but it does run very good and is in good shape. i have been told by someone on this board its a boat anchor cool. My engine with shipping cost me 1300.00 dollars now they say im going to have to go buy a stock engine which will cost more. A newer stock engine prolly makes much better power than my old one but i already have the old one. Its ok though i had a great time redoing this car from the ground up more fun than the drama of mini-sprint racing. so car is for sale. I think i would rather restore old open wheel cars lots more fun lol. By the way i see your point of trying to keep it affordable but this has been tried n racing over and over and i still dont see any affordable racing. Someone is always going to out money you. In todays racing parents are so bent in thinking thier kid is the next Nascar superstar or next supercross champion that they will mortage the family to do it. I have a friend doing the same thing now he owes everyone of us money that he can never repay. Affordable racing no such thing not even radio control racing. If you want to race spend the money and race if you want to just fight about affordable racing that will never happen get a computor lol. I love all racing no matter what the cost is and if i cant afford to compete i go watch and support the racers. I do like the Ecotech midgets it just makes more cars. But my Favorite is the old VW midget. I have a midget also it was a USAC car at one point but i cant compete there but i dont want them to go to stock engines so i can come play. Restoring may become my new game in open wheel i enjoy that. Your car count is not just about engines its about making the racing enjoyable and a great day or night at the track. Fighting and screaming about whos cheating and who has more money and we need to send them home if we dont like thier car does nothing to make the sport better. We were told at Salem last year by a dad that his kid was a professional. lol i have never seen or heard of a professional minisprint driver and running weekly at salem REALLY. By the way this kid could not drive a golf cart safely and when he screwed up the dad blamed everyone else. I got to the point where friday were more fun working in my shop and stop even watching salem races. I also have a friend who owns a salem car with a new driver. They did well but were blamed for everything that this kid did wrong. This friend has just Bought more cars from Wayne Davis i hope this dont mean he is considered a high dollar team cause they are not. but they will be strong next year with good drivers and good setups. (the most important part that complainers miss)

3 members like this post: DAD, jjones752, TFortune39