View Single Post
11/13/13, 2:55 PM   #144
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
Pretty sure this is the passing point system the Chilibowl uses to determine who moves to the qualifiers out of the heats and who goes straight to the back of the C....Then I think the qualifiers just give finish points that get combined with heat points to determine qualifying night feature lineups.... 2 years ago I could have told you precisely how it all works but I haven't really thought about it much since then so it has somewhat escaped me.
Thanks Darnall

The passing points thing is just a little complicated. I do however see several advantages for our type of racing.

First >>>>It doubles the chance for a racer to win a feature and get a picture taken, an important thing for almost all racers.

Second>>>It would still pay the hard chargers for their efforts in getting to the front of the pack. With this type of pay out one could win one of the races from the pole and still come up short for the night with a poor performance in the other race. By the same token a racer could finish well in both races and get payed quite well.

Look at all the points one could gain in their race for championship.

Honest Dad himself