View Single Post
11/9/13, 7:49 PM   #119
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Wow.. this thread is going off the walls....lol the funny part is since the "big money" engine was brought up, I don't get why the ecotec deal isn't blowing up. When you blow one up, cruise on down to your local parts store and buy a long block for less than $1000 and run it for 2 seasons or more. I thought the issue is about getting a "stock" set of rules everyone is in agreement with that helps our sport, invites others with lower budgets such as myself to have an economical class to run and help it grow. I still consider myself the new guy and the biggest turn off I see most the time is people going back and forth about rules, the lack of enforcement of said rules, the price of engines, built engines, tire rules , etc. People are going to figure out how to go fast and win no matter what which is part of competition. Just throwing this out there, why not make it interesting but offer an incentive for winning the cheapest or something. I enjoy the class, the racers in it, and the economics of the class. I hope this meeting is a step in a good direction for getting everyone on a common ground and help this class moving in the right direction.
Patrick

Some of us are passionate about these things. It shows in the conversation between one another. Our Ideas may be 180 degrees apart from one another, and that is a good thing. Internet boards and public meeting are a great way to express our thoughts and opinions, But a very poor device for achieving our goals and making rules.

These guys are going to have a meeting next weekend. There will probably be some discourse and some agreement. It would be terrible if they all agreed, then we would have a mutual admiration society and very little depth and understanding about what is really needed.

At the end of this meeting or perhaps it best be called a conference, "Two" guys are going to have to go back home with whatever knowledge they hopefully gain from the other people in attendance. Hopefully they may change some of their preconceived ideas and reinforce some of their other ideas and come up with a set of rules that they hope will help grow their group. If their rules are good others will follow them, to an extent.

Hoping for something that will work for all groups through out the entire USA is probably a wishful thinking.
People in Florida see things and do things different than people in Vermont, it still boils down into what works best for each particular group, and what will "Racers" have to change to race with the other guys.

With the invent of the internet all of us are better connected than ever before. I can remember going to race tracks with just a little more knowledge than I could get out of the "Speedway Guide" and hoping we would be allowed to run with at that particular track, a few times we ended watching the race because we could not meet their specs.

I wish we could have more people on IOW express their own ideas about what we need to move ahead. Sometimes I sit around just thinking of what I need to do or say to get a response out of people, sometimes I am very successful sometime not so.

We have a lot of challenges out there to think about, some urgent, and some maybe urgent only in the future. We just need to keep on talking and listening to one another, keeping our minds open to the other persons thoughts and usually after it is all said and done we will some how be able come up with some pretty good rules.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/9/13 at 7:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13