View Single Post
11/1/13, 9:32 AM   #47
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana View Post
Hey Openwheel are you trying to tell us you are not smart enough to safely bolt on some extra weight. With all your fancy degrees and colleges this should be a breeze for you. C'mon tell me please what is unsafe weight. It would seem to me that the heavier drivers weigh more is that also unsafe weight
WOW!!!!

I was kinda of wondering where diana raced but I am starting to get an IDEA now it might be west of me. All along I thought it was IN-diana but guess I was wrong.

The response from diana is probably reflective of of a few more racers out there racing in the smaller classes.

Some people>>> think in our schools we should place children with special needs alongside normal children, main streaming them.

Some people>>> thing larger more inclusive government with thousands of rules and regulations is better for us as a nation.

Some people>>>think that they are the enlightened class, and by being so should be the ones to tell the majority of the population how they should live.

Some people>>> on the other hand take a much different view on the education and rearing of their children. Some children do need special help to learn how to function better in society. They feel the majority should not be brought down to the lowest common denominator and children should be taught to strive to achieve to their maximum potential.

Some people>>> feel they should be allowed to have their voice herd in a discussion and the rules should be determined by the majority of those involved and "BIGGER" is not necessarily "BETTER".

We find the same two groups of people in racing. It is just a Human thing... Right side brain thinkers as opposed to left side brain thinkers.

I for one like the Idea of a "Benevolent Dictator" such as Tony Hulman, or Big Bill France or maybe Ted Johnson. These guys saw their positions as Leaders of their endeavors, they made rules that were fair for all and with the one intention of growing their business holdings.

Racing should be a business and those that run that business should have the most at stake. These Dictators do not have to be loved by everyone but they do need their respect.

Whenever anyone tries to run a race organization as a PSEUDO-DEMOCRACY, what usually happens is they get a bunch of crackpots like me trying to tell them what to do. Then they go back and do what they darned well please.

The person in charge of a racing organization should have "no skin in the game" themselves. That means they or any of their kin should not own cars or race in that division. It places them in a compromising position and makes it almost impossible to be seen as fair and open minded.

A dictator would or should recognize that there are racers out there like "diana". Since racing is not a "God Given Right" or for that matter even an "ENTITLEMENT". It is in fact an action of choice. If he wished for more people to make that choice to race with his group he would move in a direction to accommodate those racers, if for nothing more than to increase the car count.

This is but one view of racing and life as seen by one old and set in his ways old man. Please do not me.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/2/13 at 9:47 PM.