View Single Post
8/27/13, 3:06 PM   #26
Re: POWRi Midgets - Jason Leffler Memorial at Wayne Ct?
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finner18 View Post
I think this will be a great race and event for both racers and fans. As a competitor in the Micros at this track and also a race fan, I think it should be noted that there are not many seats in the bleachers at this track. There are about 5 or 6 rows of aluminum bleachers on the the front stretch. Track is very racy and fun and I am sure the turnout of cars will be great. Just thought I would pass along to first timers coming to Wayne County.
I was under the impression that the changes being made had more to do with increasing the seating capacity than doing anything with the length of the track; looking at the pictures and videos on the website, the track itself appears to be pretty roomy for an 8th mile, and the guardrails and catch fencing look to be above average for a track of its' size. I was hoping to make the trip from Indy but the midweek date has proven to be too big of an obstacle. Not complaining! It's just not gonna work for me. I understand the difficulty in the logistics of working a date into a packed Summer schedule. Hopefully, if the event proves to be a success it can become a fixture for the Midgets and find a suitable weekend date. I wish all the best for the Stringers, safe travels to everyone who's making the trip and Godspeed & great racing for the competitors.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 8/27/13 at 3:22 PM.