View Single Post
7/20/13, 3:01 PM   #120
Re: Bloomington Updates
INRacingFan

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
I find it quite amazing with some of you people on here. If we were at LPS last night this thread would be lit up with all the bashing you all can think of, but since it isn't everyone wants to defend Bloomington and sugar coat a very poor job in fact it's the worse track prep all year so far at Bloomington, I have never seen a track black slick so bad after 2 hot lap sessions that was horrible.

Yes the track was fast after the long track repair but it was one lane follow the leader all up to the feature for the most part and was extremely rough out there. Sitting in the stands and being in the car is way different, just ask the drivers who are mad about last night it's not me making this up.

The guys who loaded up like Hayden they were smart there was no chance they could transfer to the feature starting on the tail of everything all they would have got was wear n tear on equipment.

The only race that was good was the feature finally they could pass.

I know you are gonna jump at the shot to bash me now and I really don't care, i'm sick of seeing LPS get bashed for little things and when they have a awesome track like Thursday nobody even has anything good to say!

Someone has to finally say something so I guess it will be me and for those who said you should be happy to be at a race, no i'm not I paid for a night of racing not for just an A Main.

Congrats Clauson on getting it done again looks like he is gonna try to be the 2nd guy to win 3 straight in Sprint Week.

Danny 24
Danny I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. I'm a Bloomington Regular, and while I haven't been able to get to LPS at all this year (mostly due to work), I've been there many times in the past and know full well how slicked off it can get at times. And yet, indeed, people bash them for it frequently.

Last night was utterly embarrassing and inexcusable. How could you possibly mess up track prep on the BIGGEST Race Night of your season? If anything Bloomington should indeed take the bashing to heart and hopefully take what they learned in the rework and can make things better. Yes, weather has been rough (With lots of rain earlier in the year and now the heat), but to me it seems to be a rather frequent occurrence this year and the crew should really take a step back and rethink things.

For those that aren't regulars keep this in mind, that Bloomington tries to prep a track that can be raced on all night with 2 grooves and with no reworking. And understand too it's still a relatively new group of people who usually is doing the prepping. So naturally there's gonna be bad nights. But I think they're asking too much for perfection when they are still trying to figure things out.
Still, either they need to take lessons/pointers from Say Tom at Haubstadt or even the O'Conner's at Kokomo, heck even Mike who used to do all the prepping for many years, or they need to adapt a different strategy and think about a light-rework/touch up sometime around B or A-main time.

I'm not gonna say I know how to prep a track or anything, but I do have my suggestions of course.
My main two suggestions:
You have a Tiller Tractor...use it and use it often! Especially Saturday after the races and Nearly ALL DAY Race Day till around 4-4:30 when it then should be misted/dusted (not watered/flooded) and then packed. That thing should be making hundreds of laps a week.
And Secondly, ease up a little on the water on the bottom groove of the track, especially in the corners. Seriously when there's puddles of it sitting there all night even during 80-90 degree sunny days, that's too much. And very seldomly does the bottom slick off much anyways.

May not fix everything, but it might help.

All in all it wasn't the best night overall. It's dirt, things happen, whether you went or stayed home you made your choice and should be happy with it either way (To apply to those that actually had a choice that is). I'm sure many can sit down and think back over the years and realize that during Sprint Week there's always a night or two where things just didn't go well. It happens. It's just can things be learned from it to make things better is the true question?

Congrats to Brian for his great run and awesome battle with KT in traffic!

3 members like this post: JackSam40, jim goerge, the_77H