View Single Post
7/20/13, 7:49 AM   #113
Re: Bloomington Updates
Gregg

Just a few comments about last night.

I would be a liar if I said I was not disappointed with the condition of the track and the subsequent delay, especially with a 125 mile ride home in the wee small hours. "Stuff" happens. This did allow me to find and visit with Bob and Monica, aka Liz and her son, Richie (Murray), Jerry Shaw, John Hoover, C. J. Leary, Chad Boespflug, Nathan Moore, mini-Sprint driver Jimmy Gardner, Big Steve and a few others. Maybe the delay wasn't long enough because I didn't get to meet Andrew Quinn and didn't make the return trip to chat with Bob Gatton.

After they worked and watered the track it was much improved and the track prep equipment stayed parked the rest of the evening. All things considered I enjoyed my one visit to Bloomington for the year.

Good call by Jason McCord and USAC for scratching the Last chance races for this evening.

About the track, Nathan Moore put it in perspective. His response, "Hell, in Texas we race on tracks like that all the time." I really like this guy and hope he will make the move North.

Congrats to Bryan Clauson for putting it in the circle. Looks like he is peaking at the right time.

Did not darken my door this morning until 2:35AM. I'm tired this morning from the late night but my hooligan dogs don't seem to care. They still demand attention and so does my lawn for that matter.

Friday news flashes, a women fell to her death from a roller coaster in Texas, wildfires in California and Bloomington Speedway had a bad track early in the evening. I think we can figure out which one does not belong with the other two.

That's all I got. We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.
Last edited by Gregg; 7/20/13 at 8:17 AM.