View Single Post
7/14/13, 10:06 AM   #164
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Quantrill

Quote:
Mark

That pic would be a pretty good analogy for mini-sprint racers around the country. When you have "It is my way or the highway" attitude, or "water and oil", what it takes is a catalist like maybe acetone which we don't have.
Please explain this statement Dad? I am from the show me state and I wanted to show you Marvels Mystery oil and ALKY do not mix. You said they should. No offense but I hope the guy you helped do the masters thesis passed? DISCLAIMER! That was a JOKE!!!

Rules are set and should be followed. If that makes me a my way or highway kind of guy so be it.

Quote:
Jerry Teague had just about accomplished that goal with the AMSA, had he enforced his rules on weight a little sooner before it got out of hand he would still have the rules to copy. And if you look at your rules many of theme came from AMSA.
We actually copied MMSA rules and added to them.

Quote:
Bill May and Allen Ruppenthal took Jerry rules condensed them and came up with the MMSA leaving the old expensive 1200cc motors out of the mix.
We left them in hoping to attract a few of the old motor guys who are still around. It did not happen.

Quote:
You guys came along and came up with a new flashy name and your own idea of what it takes to make a good race group. You changed the basic AMSA rules the way you wanted to and it seems to be working for you.
Again not the case, we took MMSA rules as our base line. We sat in the Mid-west Lighting Sprint rules meeting and what was added to our rules are a direct reflection to what the drivers in this area who attend the rules meeting wanted to see.

Quote:
When you get them purses up about 5 times over what they are now you might get some travelers to show up, they will come not because they like your rules but they like your money.
And being the business man you are, where does this money come from? Do you care to add Dads Mufflers to our list of sponsors? Lets say for $5000 a year? You have my word ALL would go back in to the purse? We have a great sponsor in Jayhawk Millwright and are paying the best payout in the country. I think most everyone is getting about $100 a car?? So do the math and see where this other money is going to have to come from? Just not going to happen on any reg. basis.

Quote:
Like the guys in Peoria.
You mean the $250 to win on reg. nights?

Their one race a year is great that pays $1200 or something like that to win. They have done this once in two years and I hope they can do it again this year. I have nothing but good things to say about that race. Hell of a job, lots of fun!

If Jerry (AMSA) Bill (MMSA) Mark /Phil (MALS) Mike / Bob (MLS) get together with rules we all can agree on it will be better for all. There is nothing more to be gained here by trying do defend our first year start up region rules that NONE of you have come out to race with. I think I have had enough! This will be settled our our rules meeting. I would suggested to all racers that they get a hold of the people you see listed above and talk to them about the rules for next year.

1 member likes this post: wing-44