View Single Post
7/11/13, 1:27 AM   #32
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
WOW.... Called you on the phone to put a stop to this and this is how you man up by throwing more bombs!!! Just lost ANY respect I had for you. My motor is STOCK. I never told you anything remotely close. Matter of fact it just so happens that I tried to melt my motor down last weekend by running it out of water. So I just happen to have the head off. A pictures is worth a thousands words!!! If you like I can get today news paper and hold next to it so you know its from today.
Yep! them are stock pistons Mark. Generally when we run em dry we pull #4 connecting rod apart right in the middle and spit the I beam out in the belly pan. Also looks like #2 piston has been meeting up with the intake valve a little. Might want to check your spring retainers. Kaws also like break them things ever so often and when they do you are looking for another motor.

This engine deal really gets old, either hearing people complain about getting beat by super motors or us blowing them up every 30 laps.

These things I know for sure.

1. You can't rule out people from spending more on their race car than other people can. Hell some guys even haul them around in a Quarter million dollar hauler.

2. You can't keep people from blaming their lack of success on the fact that the other people are cheating. It just couldn't be because they missed the set up our made a few mistakes in their race, it just has to be the other guy's fault.

3. Give me a solid motor, a new right rear tire an advanced chassis design, set it up properly and put a good driver behind the wheel and we will run off and hide from those expensive motors.

4. Yes Andy****** you can do it with "weight". The good driver will rise to the top, we have even done it a few times ourselves. If we are 3 mph faster in the center of the turn we will be 6 mph faster at the end of the straight. We have been known to scare a few people in the center of the turn.

5. Don't make those high dollar motors illegal just make it where a person can't justify racing one because they would have to carry too much weight.

6. All the groups are still way off in their race weight for our cars and drivers. Guys like Collin and Doug are 100 pounds off to start with. Because of their driving ability they can run up front, however the new racer just starting out does not stand a snow ball's chance of getting up front.

What really gall me is watching the line of cars before the race standing in line at the scales to add that last little bit of extra of weight to be legal. When we come to the scales they just wave us through knowing we have that 125 pound margin of safety.

If you win the feature one week the next week you should be made to start on the tale. If you win that race you should get a $100.00 bonus lots of praise and also have your minimum weight raised 25 pounds.

Big motors don't kill racing series but one guy winning all the races sure will.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/11/13 at 9:35 AM.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman