View Single Post
7/9/13, 1:32 PM   #9
Re: Belleville Bash Thank You
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Racing View Post
I have to start by saying this was my first time to visit this awesome track. I'm shocked that after seeing it and living only 2.5 hrs away that I took me so long to see a race there. If you haven't been it is a must see midget race. Wanda and Wally I agree did a great job. Only issue I had was Saturday night a "local" about 70 years old came in about 4:30 and took my blanket up and put it on the ground. This was my seat for not just me but my 4 and 12 year olds. I personally checked with Wanda on Friday, the gentle man that was working the track, and security. All said if was ok to leave them over night. On Saturday I goto and get security because the man is seating in my seat. He (not the same guy that worked Friday) says "we have no reserved seating". I said "so when he gets up I can remove his seat?" He says "NO". I was very disappointed in this act. With that being said I will be back because the racing is that good. I think I'll try my luck on the back side next time. I'm pretty sure that old mans legs are still tired from standing most of the night.
Unfortunately, I also heard of another situation similar to this happening. Just a note to the powers to be, these types of things will turn away fans faster than ever. I see no reason you wouldn't want to reward the LOYAL fans that have come from so far away to your 2day event and spend their hard earned money, to not be allowed to leave their blankets/tarps/plastic or whatever to get their same seat back. I would NEVER move someones stuff to take their seat! That's a lot of whats wrong with the America today, NO RESPECT and as you have read, it is across ALL age groups. For shame on you people!
Anyway, I was very happy to have attended this event as others have said before me, it was very organized & well run. Being old school, I was especially impressed with the quick action taken by personel to jump onto thetrack immeadiately when the cloudburst happened saving the surface or I'm sure it would have been washed out for the night. Giant Thumbs up to all involved!!!
I will say, my original plans were to go to the Sheldon Kinser & Amati classic. Although I greatly missed seeing those 2 races perhaps they won't fall on the same dates next year. Having seen this event though, if they do it looks as though I will miss them again. No Regrets!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: rclaridge