View Single Post
7/8/13, 11:52 PM   #49
Re: Full Containment Seat Mandate
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Tarr View Post
I personally do not use a containment seat. I am fairly new to sprint car racing, but am a long time racer. I went back and forth over the containment seat versus a standard seat. I am a big guy, 6'2" and a cheeseburger away from 300lbs. Beyond the obvious difficulties a containment seat would make for me getting in and out of the car, it was suggested that they would be greatly compounded for getting me out if i was hurt or unconcious.

Posted via Mobile Device

This is a good pic of my son in a 2012 Eagle Midget...as you can see he is a BIG boy 6' 285 and he would not race without a FC seat. I to was concerned about any kind of extraction until it was preformed as a dry run with no issues at all. You also can see this is a conventional style midget without all the extra side bars or body panels for aerO. Each person has to be comfortable with whatever they so chose but for me .....

I HAVE TO TAKE A STAND AND FEEL GOOD THAT I DID EVERYTHING WITHIN MY POWER as a series owner and track promoter that I took every caution to prevent a tragedy like has happen WAY TOO MANY times in the pass couple of years. Some racers would not change EVEN if they knew absolutely it was going to kill them...They have to be made to chance...Stewart is a classic example with the HANS

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com