View Single Post
7/8/13, 11:26 AM   #36
Re: Full Containment Seat Mandate
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
You didn't go quite far enough with the rap around seat rule. To make the racer even safer (just like NASCAR) rear view mirrors and spotters with radios in the stands should also be mandated to help with the loss of peripheral vision caused by the seats.

Honest Dad himself
Dad how many things have you had to buy in your muffler shop to make it safer? When installing these things did any mechanic bit-ch? Did you Bit-ch when OSHA comes in and inspects your place of business and seen you where up to code and did not get fined? These new seats take away very little peripheral vision and are much safer.

you kinda sound like the Indy racers did back in '65 when NOMEX was mandated for the 500 racers...2/3rds of them wearing the "COTTON" suits that cost $18.00 did not want to spend $79.00 for a nomex suit so Andy Granatelli bought everyone a suit as long as they put STP on the suit.

look how long it took Smoke to "WARM" up to the Hans device....just don't understand why a racer NEEDS TO BE MADE to do something when it come to safety. I'm as OLD SCHOOL as they get specially with sprint and midget racing but I was in the 8th grade 8 times along with staying at a Holiday Inn once, so I am open minded enough to allow change to take it course....

Dad you would know more about the NASCRAP then me....They don't race on DIRT!!!!

As always THANKS FOR YOUR INCITE DAD!!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com