View Single Post
3/20/13, 1:08 AM   #41
Re: Silver crown - who's driving what?
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
I am disgusted and saddened by the state of the Silver Crown Series. I love them, truly love them, and to see the series the way it is makes me want to cry. I will be at 4 races this year and possibly a 5th if I can find money/time off. I am 23 years old and my first race was Duquoin for the Horn, my dream, what I chase everyday is to climb in a Silver Crown car at Duquoin or Springfield, or any of the miles and race 100 laps 100 miles... I feel like there are ways to fix it and make the series viable again, if we have the patience and listen to the owners and what would make them happy/ come back....
You sound just like me! Im 23 and my first race was also the Ted Horn around 10 years ago. I havent missed one since. I have since got to see the Crown cars at Terre Haute, Eldora, Springfield, and Indy. Nothing beats standing inside of turn 3 as close as you can get to the guardrail and seeing those cars enter the corner at full speed!

Since then I have started racing myself and moved from karts to a micro sprint. I have always dreamed of running a crown car at Du Quoin and I realized it is possible when I seen my buddy Shane Cockrum get the opportunity to a couple years back. When I graduate college next year I'm getting a midget to help me get licensed to run the Silver Crown series. Then eventually, hopefully get a crown car.

I have a great appreciation for the history of this series. Everyone needs to support the series so it doesnt go away. I hope I get the chance to fullfill my dream someday!