View Single Post
2/1/13, 8:50 PM   #56
Re: Chase across 3 states ends in Utah - Tyler Wal
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterfan View Post
I personally hope he sobers up. Gets 12 more deals, comes back. Kicks everyone's a$$ again just to shut everyone up.

Everyone knows he's capable of doing it. Then what are ya all gonna say.

He's a gasser. Absolutely doing nothing to hurt anyone but himself. None of anyone's business.
I can agree somewhat with your first statement. I truly hope he finds a path to sobriety. His life may very well be dependent upon it. The second part is very much of an enabler attitude. Who cares what he does as long as he can gas a sprint car. Life is bigger than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Why do so many posters have to turn the topic towards themselves? Jealous much?...

Judge not least ye be judged...

Posted via Mobile Device
It is not about judging. His actions have spoken for himself. He is an addict and he needs to come to terms with that. This is no different than a stick and ball sports figure who pisses it all away because they are affecting no one else other than themselves. Would you want to be on track with him not knowing what he is on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterfan View Post
Thats all speculation whether there were A+ families in his path. Fact is, he hurt noone. Period.

Posted via Mobile Device
We don't live in a vacumn. Our actions do affect those around us. He is damn lucky he was in the middle of BFE otherwise we could be seeing much worse headlines. Additionally, I really can't cheer for someone like him in his current state. Like it or not, these guys are role models for kids and no amount of bravado on the track can make up for running from the cops while on meth. This is one area NASCAR has right.

His actions have shown that he is an addict and has struggled with addiction. He needs help but him behind the wheel of a sprintcar is not going to solve those issues. Only he can do that with the right help and then the hard part starts....staying sober. As much as I would like to jump on the bandwagon of silverspoon life, this is one area that priviledge is not a positive. This will require hard work from himself to be truly clean and is something that money can't buy.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, sw1911