View Single Post
1/4/13, 1:19 PM   #209
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Hey Dad,

Bobby East was driving a the full midget that Mel Kenyon ran in our events until he retired in 2009.

Aaron Pierce made the feature one night in a Kenyon 1200 cc car. Pierce nearly won in that Kenyon car in 2003 I think. He folded up the left front trying to pass Rich Corson in an exciting finish.

Dad is a great American who is fun to chat with here and at the track. He owns 1000 cc Mini Sprints that run at Montpelier with full midgets. I have decided to not add the 1000 cc cars at Fort Wayne to run with the midgets.

That was probably a very good decision on your part Tony.
Many "traditional" Midget racers would have probably got their shorts up in a knot had we showed up. With the unfair advantage of that chain drive and stuff.

From looking at our times at the "Big E" we probably could have also made a USAC main up there, and that would have been very "MUNCHKIN UN-KOOL"

Looks like the car count out at the "Tulsa Shootout" is growing every year so I guess if we want to race on New Years (staying home is a drag) we will have to go West and chase that elusive "GOLDEN DRILLER".

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/4/13 at 2:53 PM.