View Single Post
1/2/13, 11:53 PM   #127
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank

Don,
First of all, let me say congratulations on the good run you and Geoff had last weekend. Top fives both nights is a tough accomplishment indoors. I’m sure you beat a lot of cars and drivers that spent a lot more money then you did. I have said before that Geoff is one of the most under rated drivers running pavement today.

I wouldn’t get real upset by the square tank. If Stewart really wants to run a square tank, all he has to do is put a shell over the square tank and it is instantly legal (even by the USAC rule book)

But I would be more concerned by the rumor I heard. I heard Tony was so upset by his losses this weekend; he has commissioned Mike Fedorcak to build a new car. Since money is obviously no object to Tony, and with all this commotion, I’m guessing these races must pay at least $100,000 to win, I heard the “new” Munchkin with be made out of impossibilium. For those of you that don’t know, impossibilium is a space age element that weighs ¼ of titanium and has all the characteristics of chrome molly steel.

Now you may be asking how this can get past the inspectors at the scales, I heard that since Tony obviously has connections to the space program (otherwise, where would he get the impossibilium?), he has bought a special magnetic device that when actuated will make the scales read whatever he and that crafty Fedorcak wants it to. I heard that they got this technology from a certain secret Air Force base in Southern Nevada.

Also, they will be using a chemical called Beryllium Sulfate (otherwise known as BS) on their tires. Beryllium Sulfate has many uses, many known by current and retired racers. It is often seen after the races, especially around a campfire.

By using my cat like agility and secret stealth technology, I snuck into Fedorcak’s shop and “acquired” a sample of the impossibilium. We will have it at the Indy swap meet on January 26th. With a purchase of a $100 or more at our booth, we will show you the sample. We will also have plenty of Beryllium Sulfate, but you can find that all over on that day.

So to all you midget drivers and owners, you might as well stay home next December. Tony will have you all covered.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

3 members like this post: PatrickMead#13, sprintracer82, Tim Bookmiller