View Single Post
1/1/13, 6:58 PM   #92
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
RoS&S

With all due respect sir I don't quite understand the issue of the square tank. It's ugly as heck and I get that it off sets fuel burn off. What I don't understand is if the promoter said it was legal then weren't the rules upheld? Secondly I understand the rising cost of competition, but if you don't run the square tank how does it drive up your costs? I am not being ugly are sarcastic here I am truly trying to understand your point of view and your stand on the subject.

I have found over many years of racing that fans in the stands tend to respond and champion cars that are attractive to the eye. The booing of Stewart is nothing new. He won last year with a classic midget tank and was boo'd. So the fact that he didn't finish either night and was boo'd was in my humble opinion merely an extension of the fact that for the most part many fans in his home state do not support him for what ever reason. Stewart is hard core competitor as can be seen in his other racing pursuits. Because he can afford to experiment with the car, and obviously with the promoter's blessing, should he be penalized for that? I truly am trying to be open minded and understand your complaint but at this point I am somewhat lost.

1 member likes this post: Modocer 57