View Single Post
12/17/12, 9:58 PM   #59
Re: Stanton Overhead Cam Mopar
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17racer View Post
This seems to have wandered off topic... and Don Moors hasnt yet pointed it out yet. The key here is rules.... and interpretation & enforcement.
Nobody in the national midgets sees a need for a DOHC engine, given the rules stacked against it. If a guy wants a national motor capable of winning races... right now that is #1... Toyota... #2 Esslinger #3Fontana???? Dont recall a Mopar W-9 winning this year.... but Mopars market share has been slipping... hence the OHC motor. Stewarts Chevrolet motor won a race... maybe 2 all year?
So what is the driving force of this discussion???? little guys cant or wont spend $34000 for a new untested piece? or now a W-9 is going to be $8500 because big teams are going to want the newest 'legal' mousetrap???
National guys dont car about affordiblity... they care about winning. buying the advantage is what they do....

This is sure to piss some off...

The topic was I think is Gary Stanton has come up with what looks like a very competitive new engine for midget racing. It looks beautiful and I can guarantee you it will be very fast and hard to beat. The other guys are now playing catch up for the rest of the 2013 season.

I can't stand these hijackers, but they sure keep things rolling along don't they.

Honest Dad himself