View Single Post
2/28/08, 6:07 PM   #24
Re: Indy Car Stuff from today.
Crankin

Not taking it personally!!!:thumb
Your right, the Mears, Sullivan, Rahal, Andretti, Unser era, was pretty much the last hurah for Indy Car style racing. I am not advocating they all come from Sprint Cars, though that would be nice. I am just saying that the current deal isn't going to change a thing. Indy Car racing will remain where it has been on the American sport frontier for the last 15 or so years.

Look at what received a ton of press in the recent past... Not just with our group, but nationwide.. Jack Hewitt, Steve Kinser, Greg Ray ( I am sure there's a couple others I am not thinking of at the moment)... All real American stories that people in this country can get behind. Sticking with our guys, those same types are already in our midst: Dave Steele, Dave Darland, Brian Tyler, this list could go on for a while, but you get my point... And that's just our form of racing. Then add plenty of good ole' American stories out there in Karting, off road (Robby Gordon), stock cars, whatever... Race Cars that people in this country can relate to.. Not some Formula car that runs overseas or with the SCCA on every 3rd Sunday where the only people in attendance are the participants. Mix in some Kanaan's, Helio's, and Tracy's, and then your gonna have something America is gonna care about, again!!!!!

All that though, is just a pipe dream :crying: