View Single Post
11/30/12, 4:18 PM   #20
Re: July 24th trucks at eldora per nascar.com
ISF

I may be wrong, but I think it's as much who owns Eldora as it is the press fawning over NASCAR racing there.

In regards to the anticipated windshield problems, or more specifically what they'll do to keep them clean, I've never seen the ARCA guys have any problem with that at Springfield or Du Quoin. Granted, Sarge generally has those tracks dry and sealed over, but among the 30 some odd years I've been attending those races, going all the way back to the USAC stock car days, I've seen some pretty heavy tracks and never heard any complaints about it.

Many of the guys used to put a air deflector in front of the driver a little over half the way forward on the hood. Many over the years have ran a windshield wiper on the drivers side, as well. Don't know if NASCAR would allow that kind of stuff these days or not but I'd bet somebody will figure something out.
Last edited by ISF; 11/30/12 at 4:19 PM.