View Single Post
8/4/12, 11:19 AM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I actually attended this race. I'm stuck with the wife on my first trip out east in Maryland. I thought it would be cool to see this place and hoped for maybe some halfway decent winged racing. The Grove is such a cool race track in person and beautiful track prep and surface, no dust. Feeling like a fish out of water, to my delight, Tony Stewart showed up for the $4000 to win 360 race and Steve Buckwalter whom I know fairly well was in a 410. I especially enjoyed the first 3 heats before the track crew thinned down the cushion. There was plenty of action with one guy barrel rolling 5 or 6 times out of the park in turn 1. He was ok, so I can say it was a cool wreck. The 410 feature was real good especially the finish with a 3 car battle for the lead on the last lap. In the end the two non-wing guys prevailed over wing only guys, allowing me to silently gloat to myself! My uncle had offered me $20 to wear my USAC wings are for wimps t-shirt and take a picture of it with me in the stands! That probably wouldn't have gone over too well with the guy behind me who I had had an exchange of words with as it was! To everyone who knows me, I want to reiterate; I went to see the track...they just happened to be racing something that night. Have fun in Oskaloosa 2 hours from my home while I'm stuck out here! I am flying back in time for Springfield.

Posted via Mobile Device