View Single Post
7/24/12, 11:36 AM   #1
Indiana Sprint Week 2012; Come and Gone
cmakin

Can it really have been two weeks? I sit here in my office wondering where all of the time went. The 2012 version of Indiana Sprint week has come and gone, just like that. Without a doubt, it was some of the best racing I have seen thus far this year, and will most certainly be some of the best racing that I will see all year. About the only complaint that I have is that I couldn’t stick around for the make-up date for the Lincoln Park rain out, but I am glad that they were able to get all of the shows in.

I would like to thank all of the competitors, fans and track operators/promoters for being part of this amazing event. I really don’t know what I would do during July without Sprint Week. Believe me, I have the option of spending the same week down on a Mexican beach, margarita in hand; and I have in the past. Now? No question as to where I would rather be.
It is also good to head up there and see friends and acquaintances and to make new friends and acquaintances. The whole “gathering of the clan” for Sprint Week is amazing. While there are too many folks to thank personally, I would like to single out Sacha and Robert Ballou for their work putting together the Super Bowl. It was a great time and even better, money was raised for a great cause.

The only other complaint that I might have is that I won’t be back up that way until next spring; and then again, of course, for ISW 2013. . . .

6 members like this post: big3131, davidm, IndyBound, Mud Packer, speed bump, Sprints!