View Single Post
7/19/12, 4:12 PM   #6
Re: Paragon Speedway Sat July 21
Drew Tarr

Come on folks. I can't see complaining about any race track closing because its a 100 plus degrees. Yes, had they opened that week, I would have been there, but I sure understand why they didn't open. I have nothing but high praise for Keith and the Paragon folks. They have always been very good to me, and everyone else I have seen then deal with. As far as changing the purse format for this weeks race, it was announced at the drivers meeting last week, so its not like it was "sprung" on anyone. I drive almost 280 miles round trip every Saturday to race there, and have never left wishing I had went someplace else. The other point of complaining about the low purse is when the car count goes over 30, they split into 2 features, and take their "low" pay out and multiply that by 2. Its not such a "low" payout when you have to take it out of your pocket and pay it out. Car counts have been lower this year, but I am pretty sure they ran 2 features every regular program last year. Therefore he is coming out of his pocket with a sizable chunk to pay us to be there. I always thought running a speed shop was challenging, but my hat is off to any race promoter that makes a go of it, much less one that has done it for 25 plus years.

5 members like this post: chris jockish, dusty tracks, IndyBound, joeracer, PJ Wright