View Single Post
6/8/12, 10:49 AM   #137
Re: USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Tony George got fired by his mother.
But he never stopped trying to support the USAC racers. Remember 16th street Speedway. He Even grew up a pretty good race car driver.

Somebody with his talents, abilities and stature could go a long way in breathing a breath of fresh air into this sport.

Driving a race car takes: seat, time seat, time seat time. Running a race organization takes: advertise, advertise, advertise. Got to get the word out and the word has got to make people want to see the action. This needs to start with the local tracks making press releases. Start some rivalries I know we still have them it is just they never get past the pit gates.

Competition is good. There are a lot of other things out there for people to spend their money on to be entertained. A lot of it is at lower cost or free. We got to make them want to spend it on race tracks.

In the past I have spent a ton of money advertising. The thing I know for sure if you do it right you had better have the people in place to take care of the demand.

IOW is a good place to start but it only takes care of a nitch market itself. You already have these peoples attention. Race tracks need to
advertise to the mass of people out there. That means Broadcast which is to throw the word out all over and if done right the people will respond to it. If not pretty soon all races will be back gate supported and we wont need grand stand's anymore.

Racing is a business, you need a good product. We got that already. Then you got to make the average Joe like and or want your product the most. I will still drink Coke even if Pepsi is a lot cheaper. Jeff Gordon started with Coke but switching to Pepsi that did not change my mind I'll go with "Smoke and Coke".

What makes USAC different from The World of Outlaws? I can remember when the Outlaws were a flash in the pan and would not last very long, well they*** "Advertised Gwendlyn"*** and what did that get them.

PR PR PR

Honest Dad himself

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Thanks Vukie

I wish I were literate enough to do things like that. That is a very very good read and some neat pics. I kinda of like the way this guy thinks, we must be related someway. We could use him on IOW right now.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/8/12 at 11:38 AM.