View Single Post
4/9/12, 9:32 PM   #26
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
racefan20

I think what you will find here is that USAC has become more restrictive with its product. It is a part of a bigger trend in the industry to view online product as a revenue source. In the late 80's when the internet became more widely available, taking over from subscription services such as AOL and CompuServe(which BTW had a great racing board) everything was free. Soon ads began to appear and the internet began to be seen as a source of revenue. Lately the revenue from ad's didnt fufill the expectations nor in some cases cover the cost of the content. Websites like Jackslash appeared to fill the niche of a narrow interest group on a subscription basis(lets face it he doesnt have the $$ to travel to all these races and keep up the website for nothing). Lately those who think they have a premium product (USAC) have followed the latest trend which is a PPV basis(3widelife) for seeing events thus extracting more $ from your wallet. Racing isnt the only place this is occuring. Soon you will be able to see pretty much any event you want, live for a fee. Concerts, races, stick and ball sports of all kinds will be available before you know it. If you will notice Perris wont allow you to buy a PPV if you are connecting from an IP address within 100 miles of the track to protect their gate. Pretty smart move on their part. I know this is running long but I am trying to show you that this is the result of a much larger trend and even though I dont like it I cant really blame USAC because they are just tring to make more $ like you and I. After all someone has to pay the all those officials they bring to each race dont they?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5 members like this post: captrat, DirtyD, duel, fish, Seadog