View Single Post
1/26/12, 11:06 PM   #5
Re: 34 years ago today...
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I remember it well. With a day off of work, I was planning on doing nothing but spending time with my sons. About 10:00 AM my one son was lying on the floor in pain and screaming. We called for an ambulance and it took 3 hours to get him to the hospital. We lived about 3 miles away at the time.

The firemen and I passed him back and forth trying to get out of our addition to the ambulance which was on the main road. I remember the wind was so strong and the snow just kept coming. The snowplow we were following to the hospital got stuck and they had to come and dig it out. Once we got to the hospital, they told us that they were waiting for a doctor to arrive.

My son ending up having surgery and I am very appreciative of all the firemen, doctors, nurses, snow plow drivers etc... So many things we just take for granted.

I certainly don't need to see or live that again. We will leave that for steiny, racegal, Tim and the rest of our northern IOWers.

Bob, I am also hoping for another 34 happy years for both you and Vicki. I understand that boring is good.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: jim goerge, racefan20, ronmil, Tim Watson