View Single Post
11/29/11, 7:51 PM   #28
Re: Bucket List Tracks
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

As many of you who have visited my website or know me personally (not many), I enjoy almost all forms of motorsports.

Davidm, great post by the way. Pretty tough to narrow it down. This is one of those replies I know is gonna take forever to get through. I have been to several of the events or tracks listed and they are some great choices.

Five tracks and or races you should go to if you haven't (in my opinion):
1.Any major 24 hour endurance road race ie. The 24 hours of Daytona, nothing like eating breakfast at Cracker Barrel when you can hear the roar of engines over the waitress at 5:00 AM.
2. Ventura - The commotion by the ocean, rumble by the sea. Any track you can see the ocean from the grandstands at is pretty cool.
3. Ohsweken Speedway - A 3/8 mile dirt track that is home to the Canadian Sprint Car Nationals. Located on a First Nations reserve, just an hour east of Niagara Falls. Track owner Glenn Styres lives just outside turn 2 and there is a warmup track just outside turn 3. They are contemplating running 360 non wing in 2012. A top notch facility that gets better every year
4. Eldora - pizzaburgers
5. Bulls Gap - High banked and you can sit in your car on the back stretch and watch the races.

And the 5 I hope to check off.

1. Angel Park for the Midget Nationals, just seems to have that nostalgic feel to it.
2. Bowman Grey Stadium, just has that bottled up excitement look to the place.
3. Boone for the IMCA Nationals. Any track that gets reworked that often, and has a few hundred cars race over that week.
4. Skagit, never been to the NW of the US, need to hear the locals pronounce it.
5. Knoxville - lots of history, one of those race I always watch on TV.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer