View Single Post
11/19/11, 2:25 PM   #9
Re: New Midget Rear from Bulldog
zeromotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Rear axles break. It happens. Maybe they are just old or they were bent and straightend. Sometimes the product needs to be changed because the application changes.

Over the course of time since Winters introduced their midget rear, the cars have gotten much faster and things like shocks have changed quite abit. Even the way we tighten wheels have changed. With the "L" wrench; many people over tighten and stretch the axles causing premature failure.

Also, there is a life use limit to any mechanical product and many of the rears used have been in service for so long that they out lived their life expectentcy.

With all of those things taken into account....I'm not surprised to see axle failures. We rebuild many sprint and midget rears and I have seen failures from every brand made.

I know that all of the companies offer the suggested length of use for the different styles of axles produced.

I do know that Winters did introduce a new axle last year with a thicker wall to help stop fatigue failure with their 31 Spline Axle and they have offered the 36 spline for years. The larger o.d. of the 36 spline helps maintain it's integrity.

All of that said; I'm sure DMI will have a great rear and both rears will offer equal satisfaction to their users.

what he said