View Single Post
10/13/11, 10:23 PM   #64
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloard View Post
I think you are seriously overestimating the lack of financial concern of most teams that consider themselves 'competitive'... if not on the verge of outright insulting the intelligence of those who own, drive, or fund 'competitive' rides.

When a barrel of fuel goes up by $30, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. When diesel goes up by a buck a gallon, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. When tires increase in cost by $20, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue. And when the cost to even participate goes up by $20-30 through an entry fee, we notice and it ultimately impacts the ability of some teams to continue.

A guy might own a 20,000 fishing boat as a hobby, but that doesn't mean that he's going to go to the lake if they charge him $30 to drop his boat in the water.

Just to get it straight I am in no way trying to disrespect, or insult anyone's intelligence. Believe me brother, I will pick the underdog any day of the week!

But why get all worked up for paying an entry fee for the last race in our area for the season? It is not a fee that is being mandated to be paid weekly. I would understand if a track was charging a weekly fee to enter a car but it is not the case. It is not an added cost that is figured in weekly such as your examples of tires, and fuel for weekly racing.

Do people to totally expect for the promoter to totally eat the cost, go in the red so to speak? I don't think anyone in Indiana that promotes is getting rich by any means. I know racers/owners are loosing money but face it, everyone involved mentioned above are...