View Single Post
10/13/11, 12:27 PM   #42
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
sprinter14

I have to agree with TC Tornado, Don and Wide Open24, this is the reason I have turned from driver to promoter. Just during my career alone I have watched this sport go from a "front gate" sport to a "back gate" sport. The problem??? In my opinion, there are too many track OWNERS and not enough PROMOTERS. They are not able to get fans through the front gate, so they **** em at the back gate. I drove a modified for a team this past May and we went to 2 different tracks. We had to all buy pits passes, then pay both tracks a $30 "car registration fee" and THEN buy an AMRA license which was $25 for a night or $75 for a season. WOW! Why have fans??????

So for those of you acting like fees are ok this time, will they be ok next time?? What about the time after that? Where do you draw the line??? How about the day when I open a track and we do NOT ALLOW spectators since we don't need them......we can fee the owners and drivers to death!

I considered bringing my sprint to the Klash since I only got to run 4 times this year, but for $190 to start and entry fees, no thanks.

one last thing...... an entry fee is bad enough...... but a late fee??? you can't just "decide to race" without paying extra? Come on people???
Last edited by sprinter14; 10/13/11 at 12:43 PM.

5 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, MWestfallfan54, RadRacer, Russ, wideopen24